every moment with you is magical ஐ

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

5.9.10

Colours Of Malaysia [Part 1]

Hi, everyone! Before I start on this post, I'd like to say, wow. Whoever's blogs I've read that are already done with this post, so energetic. I mean, seriously. What with all the 1Malaysia, the culture, Malay, Chinese, Indian, etc. etc.

I didn't expect such posts, really. So, am I the only one who isn't very.. Malaysian here? *silence* Yay! I'm the odd one out! :) Okay. Here goes. To me, the colours of Malaysia are the people. No, I'm not going to or even try to be a total racist here.
In Malaysia (as much as I hate the government and whatnot) , there are all kinds of people with different cultures, races and religions. The load of us can be very harmonious when put together but it can also cause mayhem or maybe just drama.

There are malays, chinese, indians, ibans, japanese and so much more. Same goes with languages and accents. If some of you have realised, I noticed there are people who're part Malay but aren't Islams.

I have a friend like that and if I'm not mistaken, he's Christian. To the pious type of people, I'm sure they'd go "He's going to Hell" etc. etc. That's not a very nice thing to say nor is it a very nice thought. I may not believe in God 100%, but if He's a forgiver, He's kind enough to send my friend to Heaven.

One of my best friend's ex-boyfriend, he's SO mixed, I can't even remember all of it. He's definitely part Malay, but he's also part Irish. There's also my cousins. They're part Chinese and also part French. This is the one thing I'm happy for being in Malaysia.

So many people can be so open-minded with the various types of cultures, races and religions. Yet, so many people can't. That's the disappointing part. Most of the time, I see malays in a malay group, chinese in a chinese group, etc. etc.

But if I'm lucky, I'd see at least a few groups with mixed people which consists of the malays, chinese, indians and maybe more. I have to admit, that rarely happens. Back in sekolah rendah and sekolah menengah, I don't ever remember having many Malay friends.

Not that I hate Malays because, well, I'm one myself. Just that, quite a number of them can't accept people who're different from they are. Majority of my friends are Chinese and Indians while I have few Malay friends. Remember me talking about my best friends?
Let's see. Gowri's an Indian, Iylia's a Malay and May's a Chinese. I like to mix around and I love learning of the many cultures. Whenever Gowri tells me about the activities Christians do, they sound like loads of fun and I'd wish to experience them.

The non-Islamic people always make my religion sound so beautiful yet, when the Islamics tell it, I don't seem to be interested. Buddhism, Christianity and more, the things they celebrate, the activities they do sound so interesting, it opens up my mind of the world.

One of my best friends told me about her chinese classmate who absolutely despise the japanese. I asked her why is that so and she said it's because that girl can't stop thinking of what they were in the past.

I mean, come on. Seriously? JUST because of the past? Biatch, move on. Your head's too caught up in your ancestors' minds. This is the disadvantage of having different cultures, races and religions. There are many people who just can't accept different people.

Note: I'll continue this in the next post

1 comment:

Yean Thoong said...

Looking forward to see the 2nd part~ ^ ^